Newport Beach Mediation Lawyers
Results-Oriented Mediation Lawyers in Newport Beach, CA
Many family law issues can be emotionally overwhelming. However, when unchecked emotions or an agenda focused on dishing out retribution starts to drive the actions of the parties, they enter themselves into a dreadful contest that will likely have no winners. Sometimes, the adversarial nature of our civil legal system can contribute to such a situation. Fortunately, there are alternative forms of dispute resolution available to help promote cost-effective compromise and negotiation between the parties.
The parties in an intense family dispute can take advantage of the mediation process to help maintain focus on finding a just solution to their legal problems based on basic respect and compromise. If you are facing a potentially intense and combative litigation process, seek the services of our family law and divorce mediation attorneys in Newport Beach. Contact Sullivan Law & Associates today at (949) 590-8100 to schedule your consultation.
Why Choose Sullivan Law & Associates for Divorce Mediation?
At Sullivan Law & Associates, our legal team understands the importance of finding a cost-effective alternative to courtroom litigation when it comes to putting all types of family disputes to rest. Luckily, mediation allows both parties to save hundreds of dollars on fees they would have spent during a traditional divorce. To learn more about how a mediator at Sullivan Law & Associates can help you, call us today to schedule your consultation.
A valuable addition to the Sullivan Law & Associates team is David E. Wald. David is a highly qualified legal professional with decades of experience. His sole area of practice is family law, and he has litigated and settled a wide variety of cases.
For 48 years, he was a lead trial attorney on high-conflict family law cases, including high-asset families, closely-held business valuations, contentious child custody claims, relocation disputes, and domestic violence allegations. David has also successfully handled dozens of family law mediations, and he completed the American Institute on Mediation in Beverly Hills.
Comprehensive Mediation Services in Orange County
What Is Mediation?
Mediation differs from the conventional adversarial legal process by focusing on mutual agreement instead of trying to fight and argue against the other party.
Under California law, “mediation” is defined to mean “a process in which a neutral person or persons facilitate communication between the disputants to assist them in reaching a mutually acceptable agreement.”
At Sullivan Law & Associates, we can provide an effective mediation process based on your personal needs. Our experienced mediation attorneys do so by providing:
- Hands-on mediation where your mediator takes affirmative steps toward brokering a compromise
- Mediation that works mainly with your attorneys
- Mediation approaches that keep you and the other party physically separate while the mediator facilitates communication
How Does Mediation Work in California?
Although mediation is less formal than going to court, it should not be thought of as an informal chat between the parties that suddenly results in a resolution to their dispute. Instead, mediation is made up of several distinct stages to help guide clients to a successful outcome.
The steps involved in a mediation session include:
- Step 1: The mediator introduces the participants, explains the mediation process, and outlines the rules.
- Step 2: Each party is given the opportunity to present their view of the dispute without interruption.
- Step 3: The mediator and the parties engage in a joint discussion, which often involves many questions being asked to better understand each party’s needs and concerns.
- Step 4: The mediator may choose to split the parties into separate rooms for private meetings.
- Step 5: The mediator conducts a joint negotiation, whether the parties remain in their different rooms or are brought back together into one room.
- Step 6: The meeting is brought to a close. If an agreement has been reached, the mediator may draft a summary of the agreement and ask the parties to sign it.
If an agreement cannot be reached during the mediation session, the mediator will help the parties make an informed decision about what to do next. This may involve meeting again later or continuing negotiations over the phone. If it seems unlikely that these efforts would be fruitful, the mediator can help the parties understand the alternative options for resolving their dispute.
Contact Our Newport Beach Mediation Lawyers Now
At Sullivan Law & Associates, our legal team has the experience and sophisticated knowledge of California law to understand the ins, outs, and pitfalls of specific legal issues. As a result, we can help you find a dependable and affordable alternative method of resolving your legal dispute to help you save time, money, and stress.
Our mediation lawyers know how to fit the specific needs of you and your family’s case. Contact a Newport Beach mediation lawyer online. Or call us at (949) 590-8100 to learn more about our mediation services today.